Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Alex's weekend

I'm tired. I don't know why I'm tired. I probably ate too much.

It's Tuesday, so the effects of the weekend should be gone. There was a school board convention in Chicago. I am no party animal, so mostly I went to the meetings and workshops and then back to the hotel. My school board friends took me out to eat both Friday and Saturday night. We ate at Giordanno's and the Eire Cafe. The Eire Cafe was excellent, but Giordanno's left something to be desired.

That was disappointing because I had heard so much about Giordanno's. The pizza was merely okay. The staff was merely okay. We had to wait over an hour and a half for a table. I saw parents with small children waiting. The kids looked miserable.

Still, now I can say I've been there. The meetings and the workshops were good. It was worth the trip. Still, I'm tired.

There is a Walgreen's nearby that sells Vitner's Buttered Popcorn. It's not great, but I bought two bags and ate them over the weekend. Maybe that's catching up with me. Or maybe it was the huge dinner at the Erie Cafe. Four of us had the ribeye. It was huge.

So, I am swearing off eating anything today. Got to make room for Thanksgiving. The best part is that I will have my family around Thursday. I missed them so much this weekend. Everywhere I looked I was thinking about their reactions.

It's good to get away, but it's good to be back. Glad the next trip is a year away.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home