Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Mom

I took my mother to see her heart doctor today. She has trouble seeing and doesn't like to drive out of town, so I took time off work and drove her north.

It takes about an hour from my workplace to her house and another hour to the doctor. Then it takes an hour back to her home and an hour back to mine.

Four hours on the road today.

I'm tired.

Mom is fine. She had an EKG and some blood work done, but the doctor didn't seem too worried. A little concerned, but not worried. She had a heart attack about ten years ago. She's lost some weight this year and watches what she eats.

I'm more worried about her eyes. I'll take her to see the eye doctor in two weeks.

Tomorrow, I'm driving a couple hours to Chicago to attend some meetings as a school board member. It will be an interesting weekend that I am looking forward too. Unless the hotel has a free computer, I probably won't post the next couple days, but I will return.

I'll let you know what I learn in Chicago.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home