Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Alex's car

I recently bought a new car. My 1999 Ford Contour had seen better days, and I'll miss it, but it was time. My soon-to-be-eighteen year old daughter has been very patient, living with a license but no car for nearly two years. She has shared and not griped. The Contour is now hers to drive, so I'll get a chance to visit it from time to time.

Now I drive a 2005 Ford Taurus. I miss the cassette player in the Contour. This one has a CD player only. Now I can't listen to "Wait, wait...Don't Tell Me!" on the way to work. I still haven't figured out when I can listen to my podcasts.

Is it me, or do earbud bother you too? I will wear earbuds occasionally, but I don't like sticking anything in my ear(s). That's why I liked using the car stereo to listen to my podcasts. I had time in the car and I can listen to what I want, unlike listening to today's radio. There is no way I am wearing earbuds while driving. It's probably illegal! If it isn't it should be!

So, I am back to scrounging for audio books through the local library. I did miss listening to books, so I'm glad to do that again. I'll let you know what I figure out about my podcasts. I'm going to go crazy if I don't figure out something.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home