Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Easter Sunday

Both my son and daughter awoke before me this morning. My third grader had found his Easter basket and enjoyed its delights. My high school age daughter was surprised she still had to look to find her basket.

On a personal level, I am trying to avoid the candy until after brunch. I intend to consume mass quantities of barbeque chicken and ribs today, along with corn and other delights. There will be cake and pie, but I doubt I even bother.

Several years ago, my wife and I decided to start eating Easter brunch outside the home. It has been a good decision. I cannot see asking her to prepare a special feast on a holiday. She should enjoy the holiday the same way we do.

We found a place we truly love and although we consider going elsewhere, we find our way back to the barbeque brunch. Church will begin in awhile, and then it is off to an expensive, but wonderful meal. Somewhere in there I will take a moment to appreciate just how lucky we are.

Here is hoping you and your family are having a wonderful Easter Sunday. Thank you for reading. We will talk again soon.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home