Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Alexander Dimm

This is my one hundredth post to “A Dimm View of Life”. I have held an inner debate on whether to mark the occasion or treat it as just another post. It is obvious now that I am going the gooey, sentimental route.

It has not been a full year since I began the blog. I appreciate those who have left comments as well as those who have quietly returned. I have gone through quiet periods where I failed to post, but have settled into a routine where I leave at least six posts each week.

We have run a wide gamut of subjects, from politics to sports to pop culture. Recently I have been running posts remembering those who passed away recently. You do not have to worry. I will not let this become a morbid blog.

Mostly, what I try to do is give the reader an insight into what I am thinking. Sometimes what I am thinking is silly. Sometimes what I am thinking is serious. Hopefully, I have written in each post, something that stirs you and gets you to thinking yourself.

There is no need to live life by rote. There is no need to let life live you. You need to take charge of life. You need to direct as much as you can what happens.

Yes, there are times stuff happens you cannot control. My furnace died this winter. I could not control that. I can control how I respond. Throughout that debacle, I continued to write and continued to post here, although I did not say much about the craziness I was feeling.

As I gradually enter a second year of this blog, I believe the two hundredth blog will happen faster. I will try to give you more insight into my heart as well as my mind, to give you an even “dimmer” view.

Thank you for reading. We will talk again soon.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Yussouf said...

Keep on blogging!
I appreciate your range of topics, your rational discourse, and you fluent style of prose.

6:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home