Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Missing You

Disappointment.

There is nothing worse than disappointment in you. You can be disappointed in a movie that you thought would be great, but failed to live up to expectations. You can be disappointed in a restaurant you thought would be wonderful, but they got your order wrong, or the food was such a grand experience. Yet, if you discovered that you have made a mistake, no one is harder on yourself than you.

I have been posting to “A Dimm View of Life” for nearly a year. Recently I created three other blogs. Today, I discovered that several of my posts were blank. The headings appeared, but there was no text.

After banging my head on the desk for about thirty minutes, I figured out the problem. We have two computers our home. It appears that when I attempt to post from the downstairs computer, it does not always take. Sometimes it does, but not always.

I found seven or eight “baseball” essays that were missing and four or five “life” essays, including things I had written about Randy Stone and Christopher Dodd. The second article I wrote about Walter Reed hospital was missing. Arrgh!

So, now that I know what is causing the problem, I have repaired the damage and will go forth and “sin no more”. The disappointment is not in the computer or with Blogger. The disappointment is that I should have discovered it sooner.

Then again, if this is my biggest crime against humanity, I guess I am doing okay. Thank you for your patience!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home