Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Spring is here (in Illinois)

Spring is here. People can talk about the great April snowstorm of 1968 all they want, but I am saying that, in central Illinois, spring is here.

It is time for me to make a list of things to attend to:

1) Sticks and rocks in the yard need to be picked up.

Shoveling snow wreaked havoc on my yard. Once things dry up a bit we can put things to right.

2) The mower needs to be prepared for a long summer.
3) The vegetable garden needs to be attempted again.

Notice that I didn’t say that anything would truly grow from the garden. I just said it needed to be attempted.

4) Play catch with son.

The last couple weekends we have thrown the Frisbee when it was not raining, but it is not the same.

5) Switch from long sleeve shirts to short sleeve shirts.
6) Stop wearing sweaters.

This is hard because I sit under a vent at work that blows cold air the entire year. You have to come to work as if it is 30 degrees outside, when it is truly 80 degrees. Of course, if the air conditioner is broken, the building warms up to 120 degrees. Grrr…

7) Stop eating soup.
8) Try and find another way to keep the birds from building nests in our gutters.
9) Wash the salt off of the cars (done that).
10) Make summer vacation plans.

Oops. Nearly forgot one more.

11) Continue to write blog.

That’s a good start to our plans for the next few weeks. Let me know if I left something out.

Thank you for reading. We’ll talk again soon.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home