Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Recent Comments

Recently, a couple of people have left comments. I thought I would take a moment to respond.

Bryan from Seattle, WA left a comment regarding my recent writing about Barack Obama. He writes, “Don't cut Mitt Romney short either, take a look at him, he has an excellent chance, very well balanced.”

Unfortunately Bryan, I have already spoken up about Romney. Take a glance at a blog I wrote last April titled “Hurtful Things”. In it I write, “During a February speech in West Bloomfield, MI, Govenor Romney stated that he felt his state of Massachusetts “struck a blow against the foundation of the family.” He continued, “The right and idea setting for raising a child is where there is a mother and a father.”

I write more about this in that blog, but my feelings remain the same. Romney’s attitudes towards the issue of same sex marriage and basic rights for homosexual couples remove him from my list of candidates I will consider supporting. We do not need any more closed-minded individuals running our government.

Bryan, please don’t take offense, because I do like some of the other ideas Romney has shared, such as health care reform. I do not feel like he is a horrible person. He is just someone I will not consider supporting.

Bryan also wrote, “As for Obama on the issue of tax reform and how people aren't paying their fair share, well this is kidna complicated. When 5% of the nation pays approx 90% of the taxes, well it isn't fair is it? The 5% being the top 5%, the wealthy, most people disregard this, just thought I'd let you know.”

Again, Bryan wrote a very nice, polite comment and I hate being arguementative. The math Bryan presents may be accurate, but it certainly is short sighted. If the top five percent is paying 90% of the taxes in this country, it is because, being the top five percent, they have most of the money. If you look at how much of the money they spend on taxes relative to their income and compare that to how much money the middle class pays in taxes compared to their income, I think that you would see the unfairness of our current tax system.

Thanks for commenting, Bryan! Just because I see the situations differently does not make me right and you wrong, or vice versa. I like the chance to consider other views. You never know what you might learn.

I also heard from Andrew who said, “If you are interested in the accuracy of House, MD, "The Medical Science of House, M.D." by Andrew Holtz is NOW available.”http://astore.amazon.com/holtzreport-20/detail/0425212300/002-1506485-5696031 or http://doiop.com/HouseBook

He was responding to a blog last August where I wrote about the Fox series “House M.D.”. In a nutshell, I wrote that the storylines were interesting, even is they were implausible. “House” is known for being medically accurate, but the idea that this doctor in one hospital could run into so many crazy illnesses each week is beyond belief. Most doctors are lucky to run into these occasional cases once or twice in their career.

But it is television. It is not supposed to be believable. I have to admit, the recent episode titled “One Day, One Room” was one of their best.

Thanks to Andrew for the tip and good luck with the book. When I get the chance, we will take a look!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home