Name:
Location: Illinois, United States

Monday, February 12, 2007

Missing States

This blog has been around now for roughly ten months. I find it interesting that there are still twelve states that haven’t been represented when I look at who has visited this blog.

People from Alabama, Delaware, Idaho, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, North Dakota, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Vermont, West Virginia, and Wyoming have deftly avoided stopping by and seeing the Dimm View of Life.

It causes me to ponder, “Is there broadband in these states?” Do people from these states know about the internet? Is Google available?

Certainly the internet would be available in states like Nevada, West Virginia and Rhode Island.

All kidding aside, I am aware that the internet is available to all our fifty states (Puerto Rico has been by for a visit). So why have these states avoided Alexander Dimm?

Maybe it’s content. I tend to write about whatever comes to mind. Politics, sports, entertainment, books that I have read that I really like, and podcasts (of course) are main topics that spring to mind.

Maybe this is too varied. Maybe I need to be more categorical.

Over the next couple of months I am considering a change in format. I am considering a full-blown website and maybe a couple of blogs. Being a sports fan/Cubs baseball fan, and the season starting to rev up, I am considering a separate “Dimm View of Baseball” blog. With election season starting (huh?), I am also considering a separate “Dimm View of Elections”. That way I am not tied to only talking about the Presidential election, but can vary my writing about any races that are interesting.

Of course, I will continue a “Dimm View of Life”. There I will talk about some of the more conventional things, including books and podcasts and what is the state of life around us.

My thinking is that if I develop this blog into a full website, maybe people from Rhode Island will visit me. Maybe Delaware people will stop by. Maybe Idaho will stop from farming their potatoes long enough to read about the Boise Cubs, if I write about the low-A Cub farm club.

Or maybe I am just too anal retentive. Maybe I shouldn’t worry about it and just write something interesting.

Maybe I will try that.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home